I’m thrilled to release my new ebook! Hypothesis Testing: An Intuitive Guide for Making Data Driven Decisions.
In today’s data-driven world, we hear about making decisions based on the data all the time. Hypothesis testing plays a crucial role in that process, whether you’re in academia, making business decisions, or in quality improvement. Without hypothesis tests, you risk drawing the wrong conclusions and making bad decisions. That can be costly, either in business dollars or for your reputation as an analyst or scientist.
Painlessly learn how to use these tests in this 367-page book! If you like the clear writing style I use on my website, you’ll love this book! Throughout this ebook, I use the same clear, concise language. I focus on helping you grasp key concepts, methodologies, and procedures while deemphasizing equations.
Hypothesis tests allow you to use sample data to draw conclusions about an entire population—not just the small sample with which you’re working. Consequently, these tests play a vital role in making discoveries in science, making decisions based on data, and making predictions. Additionally, given the growing importance of decisions and opinions based on data, your ability to critically assess the quality of analyses that others present to you is more crucial than ever.
By reading this ebook, you will build a solid foundation for understanding hypothesis tests and become confident that you know when to use each type of test, how to use them properly to obtain reliable results, and how to interpret the results correctly. I present a wide variety of tests that assess characteristics of different data types. Chances are high that you’ll need a working knowledge of hypothesis testing to produce new findings yourself and to understand the work of others. The world today produces more analyses designed to influence you than ever before. Are you ready for it?
To accomplish these goals, I teach you how these tests work using an intuitive approach, which helps you fully understand the results. At the end of this post, you’ll find the full table of contents.
My eBook Covers the Following Critical Hypothesis Testing Concepts, Methods, and Skills
This ebook enables you to build the skills and knowledge necessary for effective hypothesis testing, including the following:
- Why you need hypothesis tests and how they work.
- Using significance levels, p-values, confidence intervals.
- Select the correct type of hypothesis test to answer your question.
- Learn how to test means, medians, variances, proportions, distributions, counts, correlations for continuous and categorical data, and outliers.
- One-Way ANOVA, Two-Way ANOVA and interaction effects.
- Interpreting the results.
- Checking assumptions and obtaining reliable results.
- Manage the error rates for false positives and false negatives.
- Understand sampling distributions, central limit theorem, and statistical power.
- Know how t-tests, F-tests, chi-squared, and post hoc tests work.
- Learn about the differences between parametric, nonparametric, and bootstrapping methods.
- Examples of different types of hypothesis tests.
- Downloadable datasets so you can try it yourself.
For each hypothesis test I cover, you will learn what it tells you, understand its assumptions, know how to interpret the results, and work through examples with downloadable datasets.
Please consider buying my ebook and learn about hypothesis testing! I’m sure you’ll enjoy it and find it helpful! The full table of contents is below.